Make Your Mark
Finally, a business book for makers, not managers.
Are you ready to “make a dent in the universe”? As a creative, you no longer have to take a backseat. In fact, stepping up and embracing entrepreneurship is the fastest route to impact. But where do you start? And what sets the businesses that succeed apart?
We tapped 21 leading entrepreneurs and experts to share their best practices for launching a purpose-driven business, refining your product, delighting your customers, inspiring your team—and ultimately—making something that matters.
Make Your Mark
“Make Your Mark” will show you how to:
- Find the perfect alignment between your unique talents and what the world needs.
- Start small, by making one thing so great that people can’t ignore it.
- Refine your product experience by embracing the “first 15 seconds” and “invisible design.”
- Create an emotional connection with your customers by focusing on small acts of generosity.
- Build learning, experimentation, and creativity into the DNA of your business.
- Make the transition from founder/maker into fearless leader.
Praise for Make Your Mark
“This is not a book. It’s a sledgehammer. Now, go make a dent in the universe.”
James Victore, Designer & Educator
“At the end of our lives we will look back and ask ourselves, "Was it worth it?" The answer will be a resounding YES! if we commit now to make a mark in the world. This book is the perfect guide to help us on that journey.”
Simon Sinek, Author of "Start With Why" and "Leaders Eat Last"
“Make Your Mark has managed to distill the essential wisdom of some of the best creative entrepreneurial minds of our time into an easy-to-read, but hard-to-forget guide. A must-read for anyone who cares about building great things.
Susan Gregg Koger, Co-Founder & CCO, MODCloth
About the Editor
Jocelyn K. Glei
Founding Editor, 99U
A writer and the founding editor of 99U, Jocelyn K. Glei is obsessed with understanding how work gives our lives meaning. She has authored three books about work, creativity, and business, including the Amazon bestsellers Manage Your Day-to-Day and Make Your Mark.